A double chin – the ultimate selfie killer.
While the internet is riddled with complaints about how under-eye bags, crow’s feet, and forehead wrinkles are responsible for diminishing attractiveness – it is not necessarily those minor upper facial imperfections,that take centre stage in photographs. In fact, what substantially de-beautifies our smiles and ages us on film, are changes in our chin, neck and jawline area. This is why the dreaded double chin is the worst selfie-killing culprit.
Once that subcutaneous sheet of fat forms in the lower chin and neck line, our collar line begins to appears lack and shortened because of the fold that forms between the upper and lower chin. It makes the neck and lower face seem visually un-delineated.And once you lose that sharply sculpted jawline silhouette (the hallmark of youthfulness), facial features lose their natural symmetry – which is what demarcates a person’s level beauty and attractiveness.
However, fortunately for us, modern science has found a way to let us keep our symmetrically photogenic faces much longer- sans surgery. Indeed, it is easily quite possible to rid yourself of a double chin, using any one (or a combination of) the five-medical aesthetic and laser treatment options listed below procedures, (administered by certified Medical Aesthetic Laser Technicians and Registered Practitioners). The effect of combining these procedures is called the ‘Nefertiti Lift’.
- Approximately 1-6 Lipodissolve injections into the chin and neck area can emulsify fat molecules.
- Carboxy Therapy(which are injections of carbon dioxide gas) injected into the hypo dermal subcutaneous fat deposits and deep adipose fat tissue (in the lower chin and neck). These types of infusions can destroy localized cellulite deposits while simultaneously tightening up the remaining skin.
- Several Hyaluronic Acid filler injections can be administered(only after fat in the chin and neck area has been successfully removed via lipolysis and carboxy therapy), to reconstruct the lower outline of the face. By strategically re-volumizing the top outside corners of the cheek bones(right beside the hair line), the volume in the middle face can be replenished which anchors the skin on top of the cheek bones enough to pull it back and raise the skin alongjawlineand lower chin. This gives the lower face that much needed sculpt and lift.
- Several Botox Injections can de-constrict the platysmal muscles (in the neck bands), so the jawline appears delineated from the upper neck area.
- Approximately 6-10 Venus Freeze Radio-Frequency and Fractional Skin Resurfacing treatments can tighten up the skin on the neck, jawline and lower chin, by heating up fibroblast skin cells,so they generate more hyaluronic acid, collagen fibers and elastin. The effect is that the skin on the jawline appears tauter, plumper, strengthened, thickened and more elastic.
These non-invasive chin and jawline reconstructive procedures takes no longer than 30 minutes to an hour per session, with virtually no down time.